Become An Ovidian
Ovid Therapeutics is a culture of motion. Motion toward breakthrough and curiosity, motion that ignites an urgency to improve the lives of patients, families and caregivers, motion that develops the individual and propels us towards success.
Ovid Therapeutics is based in the heart of New York City with a satellite office in Cambridge, MA. We are in a growing life science ecosystem, which equips us with the resources and capabilities to better serve our patient communities. Ovid Therapeutics channels these cities’ vibrant energy, diverse people and entrepreneurial drive to advance with imagination, discipline and deep industry experience.
We courageously take on the innate challenges and opportunities of drug development for rare neurological disorders with responsibility, agility and passion.
What it means to be an Ovidian...
“I get up in the morning in order to make a difference for people, and especially to make a difference in people living with serious illness; that’s what drives me and why I love working in the biotech industry. My passion is for helping people reach their goals and be all that they can be.”
– Amit Rakhit,
Chief Medical & Portfolio Officer
“I have a passion to be the best I can be while making others around me successful. I love a team environment and the feeling we are making an impact. Do what you love and it is never considered work.”
– Tim Daly,
Vice President, Finance and Corporate Controller
Ovid’s Commitment to its Employees
Together, we will build a community that:
- Sees each employee as a business partner
- Is innovative and thought provoking
- Provides challenge
- Is constructed on collaboration
- Encourages transparency
- Builds value and depth
- And revels in fun and laughter
Curious & Imaginative.
WE ARE BOLD.
Become an Ovidian
Ovid Therapeutics Inc. is a New York-based, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming the lives of patients with rare and orphan disorders of the brain.
While building upon our exceptional team, we aim to become a leading neurology company with multiple products and a rich pipeline, coupled with compelling research and development. Ovid Therapeutics was selected by BioSpace as one of the Top 20 Start-Ups to watch in the biotech sector. In May 2017, the company completed a successful initial public offering, raising $75 million to further advance the pipeline and business development activities.
Ovid Therapeutics is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees. Every Ovidian has the right to work in an atmosphere which encourages mutual respect, free from improper discrimination and harassment of any kind. Therefore, our employment decisions are based on business need, job requirements and individual qualifications and abilities. Ovid Therapeutics does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, family or parental status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For Ovid Therapeutics, this statement is more than equal opportunity it is about being BOLD. BOLD is a place where:
- who you are transcends what you are,
- varied beliefs and backgrounds makes for richer discussion, and
- diverse experience & thinking leads to innovative insights.
Join us and be BOLD!
SUMMARY & PURPOSE
The Senior FP&A Analyst – Clinical is an essential role supporting all clinical functions. This functional role liaises with internal stakeholders and company suppliers to ensure appropriate expense recognition of clinical expenses. The role will gain a deep understanding of Ovid’s Clinical Operations and leverage trends along with new sources of data to develop and refine predictive clinical forecast models. The analyst will review financial results and fluctuation periodically with management and external auditors.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Clinical Finance Closing Support
- Financial advisory dedicated support to Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Pharmacovigilance
- Preparation, reconciliation and reasonability testing of monthly clinical accruals
- Review with Clinical Operations accrued units vs. reported metrics
- Invoice approvals against clinical contracts
Clinical Financial Budgeting/Forecasting
- Review of budget and forecast submissions
- Coordination of planning workflow activities within Host Analytics
- Develop models using past studies and new sources of data to enhance budgeting process
- Identify risks and opportunities against budget and prior forecast
- Assist in the creation of a Clinical/Finance data mart
- Upon stakeholder buy-in, collaborate with Clinical Operations & IT in the development and operation of the data mart
- Validate data accuracy to ensure consistent internal reporting
- Assist in integration of the Clinical/Finance Data Mart and operational dashboards
- Joint review with Clinical Operations of clinical trial proposals and draft budgets
- Financial review of escalated site budgets
- Contribute to an embrace Ovid Therapeutics mission & values
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- BS in Accounting, Finance or similar field
- 3-5 years of experience in an FP&A role supporting development, including Clinical Operations
- Good command of GAAP principles
- Excellent command of MS Excel and good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional communications skills with ability to tailor messaging to various levels of audience
- Strong analytical skills
- Deep knowledge of enterprise planning tools such as Host Analytics, Adaptive Insights or similar
- Detail-oriented mindset and strong sense of urgency
Experience with Oracle NetSuite
Sitting for long periods. Dexterity and coordination to handle files and single pieces of paper, occasionally lifting items weight up to ten (10) pounds. Moving from place to place within the organization, reaching for items above and below desk level. strength, dexterity, coordination to use keyboard and video display terminal for prolonged periods.APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Position – Associate Director Clinical Director, Neurology
Ovid seeks a Associate Director Clinical Development, Neurology to leverage both strategic and scientific insights to provide support for many clinical activities, building clinical expertise in neurology and rare disease of the brain (currently rare epilepsies, Angelman and Fragile X Syndrome).
- Develop partnerships cross functionally, and with our external Partners; collaborate with others to write protocols and present data in a concise, consistent, and compelling manner.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of clinical development plans ultimately leading to critical decision points for our key trials.
- Report to the Program Leader/MD, and collaborate with clinical monitors, clinical operations, program management, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, etc.
- Leverage his/her comprehensive understanding of the drug development process in early and later stage development (currently programs in early stage – Phase I and II).
- Contribute to the clinical strategy and creation of the clinical development plans.
- Work as part of an integrated team.
- Provide support to advisory boards, consultant meetings and investigator meetings (including preparation and delivery of presentations).
- Collaborate with the clinical development team on the review, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- This is typically a role best suited for a PhD or PharmD, or equivalent with clinical research experience and a strong knowledge of drug development.
- 5-7 years of technical operational experience in planning, executing, reporting and publishing clinical studies.
- Possess a strong scientific background with industry clinical research experience. Work closely with regulatory affairs.
- Possess strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Hold a record of partnering closely with medical monitors, clinical operations, and clinical investigators.
*Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals w/Disabilities*
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION