Become An Ovidian
Ovid is a culture of motion. Motion toward breakthrough and curiosity, motion that ignites an urgency to improve the lives of patients, families and caregivers, motion that develops the individual and propels us towards success.
Ovid is based in the heart of New York City with a satellite office in Cambridge, MA. We are in a growing life science ecosystem, which equips us with the resources and capabilities to better serve our patient communities. Ovid channels these cities’ vibrant energy, diverse people and entrepreneurial drive to advance with imagination, discipline and deep industry experience.
We courageously take on the innate challenges and opportunities of drug development for rare neurological disorders with responsibility, agility and passion.
What it means to be an Ovidian...
“I get up in the morning in order to make a difference for people, and especially to make a difference in people living with serious illness; that’s what drives me and why I love working in the biotech industry. My passion is for helping people reach their goals and be all that they can be.”
– Amit Rakhit,
Chief Medical & Portfolio Officer
“I have a passion to be the best I can be while making others around me successful. I love a team environment and the feeling we are making an impact. Do what you love and it is never considered work.”
– Tim Daly,
Vice President, Finance and Corporate Controller
“My boldness comes from challenging team members to envision how they would develop medicine from the perspective of never having done it before.”
– Joe Callender,
Associate Director, Project Management
Ovid’s Commitment to its Employees
Together, we will build a community that:
- Sees each employee as a business partner
- Is innovative and thought provoking
- Provides challenge
- Is constructed on collaboration
- Encourages transparency
- Builds value and depth
- And revels in fun and laughter
Curious & Imaginative.
WE ARE BOLD.
Become an Ovidian
Ovid Therapeutics Inc. is a New York-based, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming the lives of patients with rare and orphan disorders of the brain.
While building upon our exceptional team, we aim to become a leading neurology company with multiple products and a rich pipeline, coupled with compelling research and development. Ovid was selected by BioSpace as one of the Top 20 Start-Ups to watch in the biotech sector. In May 2017, the company completed a successful initial public offering, raising $75 million to further advance the pipeline and business development activities.
Ovid Therapeutics is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees. Every Ovidian has the right to work in an atmosphere which encourages mutual respect, free from improper discrimination and harassment of any kind. Therefore, our employment decisions are based on business need, job requirements and individual qualifications and abilities. Ovid does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, family or parental status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For Ovid, this statement is more than equal opportunity it is about being BOLD. BOLD is a place where:
- who you are transcends what you are,
- varied beliefs and backgrounds makes for richer discussion, and
- diverse experience & thinking leads to innovative insights.
Join us and be BOLD!
The Payroll , Benefits & Equity (PBE) Administrator is the go to person for anything regarding payroll and the financial side of benefits administration. This Ovidian ensures that employees are paid correctly and on time and their benefits are in sync with what they are enrolled in or changed. By managing and executing Ovid’s payroll, the PBE Administrator will be accountable for all aspects of the payroll process from time sheets to tax reporting. Ovid depends on this role to protect the company by administering payroll and benefits in a compliant fashion and should become a compliance expert. They will partner with the company’s professional employment organization (PEO) to process accurate payroll/benefits and troubleshoot when necessary. HR and the PBE Administrator team together when it comes to payroll and benefits: HR administers payroll and benefits on the front end and the PBE Administrator facilitates the appropriate processes on the back end.
- Exemplify Ovid Mission and Values in everyday work and interaction with other Ovidians and external vendors.
- Maintain and handle all information in a confidential manner, ensuring that all records are secure and not open to exposure.
Payroll & Benefits Administration
- Ensure Ovid employees are paid correctly and on time.
- Manages all the activities of the payroll function including but not limited to timesheet processing, PTO accrual, overtime, garnishment, tax withholding and payroll record retention.
- Perform a detailed-level review of payroll processed on a bi-weekly basis to ensure accuracy and timely payroll and tax payment submissions.
- Build and maintaining a relationship with our PEO partner to smoothly administer payroll, prepare & transmit taxes and reports, year-end processing/reporting and any other services they may provide to Ovid.
- Serves as the liaison between the employees and the PEO partner and troubleshoots any payroll or benefit related issues.
- Keeps current with and ensures payroll and benefits compliance with federal, state and local requirement.
- Develop, implement and maintain payroll policies and procedures to ensure adherence to company guidelines and internal controls. May work with Human Resources to create and maintain certain policies and procedures related to compensation and benefits.
- Understand payroll strategies and provide recommendations for continuous improvement of payroll processes including technological enhancements to improve efficiency.
- Review quarterly tax verification report, wage & tax report and master control.
- Responsible implementing any payroll program upgrade, change or migration.
- Administers (or assists in administering) and troubleshoots the financial and accounting aspects of Company benefits such as COBRA, 401K plan, health and welfare insurance benefits.
- Oversee administration and reporting of equity compensation plans (Stock Options, ESPP, etc.).
- Prepares month-end journal entries for review related to payroll and Company benefits.
- Provide and support required information for 10-K and Proxy filings, as needed.
- Responsible for creating, reviewing and/or maintaining various reports such as 401K, Bonuses and metrics for management, etc. in a timely and accurate manner.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with internal/external stakeholders including external auditors Communicate actively with other departments and vendors to resolve issues.
- Managing Work
- Learning & Adapting
- Maximizing Resources
- Quality & Customer Focus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred.
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) is helpful, not required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- 5 or more years of Payroll experience with multiple locations.
Associate Director/Director Communications: Medical Writing and Publications
Primary duties will encompass management of company-wide writing resource and publication activities. The Director Communications: Medical Writing and Publications prepares (researches, writes and edits) and manages the resources assigned to clinical, nonclinical, and regulatory documents according to applicable regulations. Clinical documents include protocols, Investigator’s Brochures, consent forms, annual reports, clinical study reports, regulatory briefing documents, and clinical sections of IND’s, NDA’s, and other regulatory submission documents. In addition, this role will manage and prepare (researches, writes and edits) abstracts, posters, presentations, manuscripts, and patient education materials.
Engages cross functional team to prepare publication strategy and implement plan under strict timelines
Helps position and maintain Medical Writing and Publications as a strategic partner with functions throughout the lifecycle of a project
Roles and Responsibilities – Medical Writing and Publications
- Provides senior oversight of document preparation, quality and consistency. Ensures efficient formatting of documents; ensures a consistent style of presentation to maintain quality and ease of review across multiple documents assembled in a regulatory dossier and briefing package / book and other documents (manuscripts, abstracts etc.)
- Develop publication strategy aligned with medical strategies and communication objectives. Revise publication plan as needed and coordinate review and approval of publication plan and tactics
- Maintain strategic publication plan and input in PubSTRAT
- Oversees and implements publication plan project management and maintenance of documents in PubSTRAT. Responsible for consistency, accuracy, and currency of documentation in PubSTRAT
- Leads overall medical writing preparation, project management and aligns with cross functional working groups to facilitate efficient development and finalization of clinical, nonclinical and regulatory documents for submissions
- Coordinates and lead discussions within cross-functional Core Communications Team and/or Joint Publication Team (alliance partner) to ensure strategic and implementation excellence
- Leads and coordinates meetings to discuss conflicting comments on manuscripts
- Plans and manages Medical Writing resource (FTE and/or contractor resource), which includes assignment of the appropriate level of medical writing support to the right team at the right time, in close collaboration with other development functions to ensure implementation of publication plan
- Ensures development of publications complies with Ovid publication policy
- Manages publications budget
- Manages medical communications agency on deliverables, as needed
- Must be knowledgeable and able to prepare documents in ICH, CTD and CFR formats and knowledgeable of electronic submission formatting (eCTD)
- Excellent writing skills for professional and patient education materials and able to write medical documents independently
- Perform medical literature research and interpret medical literature independently
- Knowledge of medicine and disease states
- Strong familiarity with medical terminology
- Prioritize multiple tasks and transition between activities depending upon corporate needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Perform all essential job functions under the constraint of tight timelines
- Flexibility in meeting the changing demands of each project
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and write English clearly, concisely, and effectively
- Well-organized: ability to prioritize tasks, work simultaneously on multiple projects, and complete high-quality documents according to tight timelines
- Working knowledge of drug / biologics development, clinical research, study design, biostatistics, the regulatory environment, and medical terminology preferred
- Detailed knowledge of requirements for preparation of key clinical, nonclinical and regulatory documents and annual reports is a plus
- Recent and significant experience in writing of regulatory documents such as Clinical Study Reports, Protocols, Summaries, Overviews
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Aptitude for compilation, analysis, and presentation of data
- Independently motivated with good problem-solving ability
- Ability to work with multiple contributors to produce a final unified document
- Enjoys a cohesive, motivated team-oriented work environment
*Master of Science Degree in a life science field. NP qualification, PharmD, RPh, preferred and a minimum of 5-10 years in the pharmaceutical industry and 5 years of experience as a medical writer, or in a management position in a pharmaceutical industry environment is required.APPLY FOR THIS POSITION