Become An Ovidian
Ovid is a culture of motion. Motion toward breakthrough and curiosity, motion that ignites an urgency to improve the lives of patients, families and caregivers, motion that develops the individual and propels us towards success.
Ovid is based in the heart of New York City with a satellite office in Cambridge, MA. We are in a growing life science ecosystem, which equips us with the resources and capabilities to better serve our patient communities. Ovid channels these cities’ vibrant energy, diverse people and entrepreneurial drive to advance with imagination, discipline and deep industry experience.
We courageously take on the innate challenges and opportunities of drug development for rare neurological disorders with responsibility, agility and passion.
What it means to be an Ovidian...
“I get up in the morning in order to make a difference for people, and especially to make a difference in people living with serious illness; that’s what drives me and why I love working in the biotech industry. My passion is for helping people reach their goals and be all that they can be.”
– Amit Rakhit,
Chief Medical & Portfolio Officer
“I have a passion to be the best I can be while making others around me successful. I love a team environment and the feeling we are making an impact. Do what you love and it is never considered work.”
– Tim Daly,
Vice President, Finance and Corporate Controller
“My boldness comes from challenging team members to envision how they would develop medicine from the perspective of never having done it before.”
– Joe Callender,
Associate Director, Project Management
Ovid’s Commitment to its Employees
Together, we will build a community that:
- Sees each employee as a business partner
- Is innovative and thought provoking
- Provides challenge
- Is constructed on collaboration
- Encourages transparency
- Builds value and depth
- And revels in fun and laughter
Curious & Imaginative.
WE ARE BOLD.
Become an Ovidian
Ovid Therapeutics Inc. is a New York-based, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming the lives of patients with rare and orphan disorders of the brain.
While building upon our exceptional team, we aim to become a leading neurology company with multiple products and a rich pipeline, coupled with compelling research and development. Ovid was selected by BioSpace as one of the Top 20 Start-Ups to watch in the biotech sector. In May 2017, the company completed a successful initial public offering, raising $75 million to further advance the pipeline and business development activities.
Ovid Therapeutics is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees. Every Ovidian has the right to work in an atmosphere which encourages mutual respect, free from improper discrimination and harassment of any kind. Therefore, our employment decisions are based on business need, job requirements and individual qualifications and abilities. Ovid does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, family or parental status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For Ovid, this statement is more than equal opportunity it is about being BOLD. BOLD is a place where:
- who you are transcends what you are,
- varied beliefs and backgrounds makes for richer discussion, and
- diverse experience & thinking leads to innovative insights.
Join us and be BOLD!
The Office Administrator manages various administrative projects in support of the organization and is critical to maintaining a pleasant and productive work environment. This role will report directly to the VP, Finance & Corporate Controller, and will create and adhere to budgetary guidelines in the procurement of office services and supplies. The Office Administrator will manage and maintain the physical office, as well as, its electronic platforms. He/she will support the Executive Administrative team; providing backup for both ad hoc projects and routine tasks. In the performance of his/her duties, the Office Administrator will continuously search for new opportunities, tools and practices to improve operations and promote efficiency. This is a front-facing role that will interact with all internal departments, as well as, certain external vendors, visitors and stakeholders in the achievement of Ovid’s mission.
- Identify staff needs and match with available resources; provide effective and responsive service.
- Coordinate service vendors, including building maintenance and IT support.
- Maintain active list of office/IT equipment serial numbers.
- Assist with technical aspects of onboarding, including computer and phone set up.
- Answer main phone line; route calls using independent judgement and discretion.
- Register and receive guests.
- Make meeting room arrangements; order food and beverage if/as needed.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Sort, process and distribute incoming/outgoing mail.
- Coordinate in-house or off-site staff activities and meetings as directed.
- Assist with overflow from executive assistants.
- Develop and nurture strategic internal/external working relationships.
- Employ best practices and techniques for office processes.
- Maintain reliable and dependable attendance.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Minimum three years of similar work experience.
- Familiarity with standard office equipment and software.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Able to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of management.
- Discernable tact, poise and professionalism.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The Director/Senior Director will report to the CBO/CFO to execute an investor/public relations strategy that enables the organization to cultivate meaningful relationships with targeted external audiences through communications, positioning and media coverage. He/She will help create content for internal and external communications and handle Ovid’s day to day IR/PR operations.
- Manage content development for Ovid stakeholders, investor presentations, materials for management scripts, Board of Directors and other disclosure-related documents (including Q&A for quarterly earnings calls, prep for meetings with analysts and investors and contribution to SEC documents, etc.).
- Support CBO/CFO in day-to-day management of inquiries from investors and stock analysts, ensuring that information provided follows applicable SEC rules and regulation.
- Manage writing of press releases, compose corporate and IR slide decks, prepare materials for external communications and analyze effectiveness of all IR/PR efforts.
- Plan and ensure execution of key analyst and investor events and communications, including road shows, and/or analyst and investor meetings.
- Develop timely, accurate, differentiated messages, and learn about effective strategies for communicating with the investor community.
- Maintain database of the investor community and record all investor interactions and feedback.
- Maintain investor relations, corporate website and social media sites to ensure that content is updated.
- In partnership with other departments, monitor competitor and broader external environment to understand potential impact on Ovid’s business and update the senior management team.
- Leverage social media to educate and engage audiences through innovative initiatives.
- Drive deliverables with public relations agencies.
- Under the direction of the CFO manage communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization’s brand reputation.
- Actively drive strong teamwork and collaboration with an enterprise-wide perspective.
- Understand and values importance of compliance.
- 3+years’ experience in all phases of investor and public relations for internal and external audiences, in public companies within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Advanced scientific degree a plus, with a preference for a PhD and/or MBA. Must enjoy exploring new scientific ideas and learning about and helping drive new and compelling ways of expressing innovation in the company.
- Possess very strong English language, grammar and writing skills and experience across multiple communication platforms, including print, online and social media.
- Demonstrated experience in executing a comprehensive and superior investor and public relations strategy to articulate the organization’s mission, accomplishments and goals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven ability to build, enhance and maintain relationships with senior executives, investors, analysts, and the media.
- Extensive successful externally focused writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Exceptional oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to grow in a role, work independently, show flexibility, and be willing to demonstrate accountability for execution of responsibilities.
- Sparkling, compelling personality. Positive optimistic worldview and ability to consistently act and speak with utter honesty, realistically but with positive emphasis. Must take a highly ethical stance and behave with the highest standards of integrity.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
As a part of Ovid’s growth and development, we are seeking a seasoned Executive Assistant to support our Chief Business & Financial Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate complex Executive calendar; schedule meetings and conference calls.
- Handle correspondence and highly confidential/sensitive information.
- Consult with Executive Management and their support staff on issues and proposed solutions.
- Maintain and update organizational systems.
- Coordinate agendas for internal and external meetings.
- Review incoming emails/calls and screens inbox for priority messages.
- Liaise with other departments on requests and priorities.
- Act as backup for other key EA’s when needed.
- Able to prioritize and work with sense of urgency.
- Has an appreciation for work-life balance and can integrate into a highly dynamic, fast paced work environment and culture.
- Passionate about individuals with rare diseases or other humanitarian efforts.
- Out-of-the-box thinker.
- Create business PowerPoint presentations, manage org charts, review expense reports, help coordinate candidate interviews.
- Able to grow as company grows and becomes more complex.
- Manage domestic and international travel arrangements and work on special projects assigned by the Chief Business & Financial Officer.
- Collects business travel receipts and provides travel expense reports to the Accounting Department.
- Manage time effectively to meet deadlines, planning, organizing and multi-tasking workload.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate high level of professionalism throughout company and with external parties.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and the ability to evaluate assigned projects and consult with internal and external parties to gather the necessary information to complete the task.
- Exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, adapts their organizational processes to meet the business needs and balance multiple priorities.
- Adapt and promptly response to changing priorities with a positive demeanor.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of relevant full-time high level-administrative work experience; must have experience working for C-Suite executive.
- Prior work experience in the bioteoch/pharma industry is preferred.
- Computer proficiency of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Learns new programs and becomes proficient in company-specific programs and software.
The Patient Advocacy Director enhances our engagement with the patient community and is key to our mission at Ovid Therapeutics to build strong relationships with the patient community. The Director will report to the Chief Medical and Portfolio Management Officer Work and will work cross-functionally with Development, Regulatory and Commercial teams to ensure alignment of a patient-focused culture across Ovid’s strategic objectives. He/She will identify solutions that educate and empower patient organizations to improve patient’s disease awareness, quality of life, and access to therapies. The Director works with patients, physicians, their families and patient advocacy groups to plan and implement short and long term programs to meet the diverse needs of the Angelman Syndrome and Fragile X patient communities.
- Weave the patient voice into global research and development efforts including clinical development, medical affairs, marketing, market access, government relations, etc.
- Keep abreast with industry and health care legislation. Communicate updates to the external patient communities and key internal Stakeholders.
- Implementing the short and long-term strategies to integrate and advance the various patient resources and support services offered to the Rare disease patient community.
- Providing strategic insight on the pulse of the patient populations and ensuring strong collaborations with patient advocacy groups.
- Building relationships and providing guidance to existing and/or evolving patient associations.
- Identification and coordination of patient and/or caregiver presentations to internal Ovid meetings.
- Articulate the themes of the overall patient community to your internal Ovid colleagues at any given point and time.
- Successfully work with internal functions and external patient organizations to help them grow and develop into high functioning, sustainable organizations.
- Staying current with relevant information and resources regarding industry and health care legislation. Providing updates regularly to the disease communities.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with large and small groups.
- Commitment to make a meaningful difference in the lives of patients.
- Bachelor’s + Masters degree in science, social science or related field.
- 7+ years experience in healthcare or social services, non-profit, or corporate setting (marketing, public relations, communications, patient, consumer or professional association, psychology or social science or related role).
- Understanding of the pharma/biotech industry, regulatory process & compliance guidelines.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally across multiple stakeholder organizations.
- Committed, empathetic individual with the ability to relate to diverse groups and build substantive relationships with stakeholders, specifically those understanding the impact of living with a rare disease.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including strong presentation capability and the ability to effectively deliver information and influence stakeholders.
- Ability to travel domestically 15-20%.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in psychology, counseling or social work preferred.
Ovid’s pipeline is expanding rapidly, necessitating growth of the research team. This incoming Scientist will work with contract research organizations, and in some instances academic collaborators, to test specific experimental hypotheses relating to in-house assets. Extensive hands-on experience carrying out neuroscience research is essential. This background will enable:
- Rapid familiarization with disease related literature and appropriate model systems.
- Development of appropriate detailed research protocols (in collaboration with internal research team and external parties).
- Day to day oversight of external activities and progress.
- Interpretation and communication of results to the internal team.
- Extensive hands on experience carrying out neuroscience research, either in an academic or industry setting, is a must.
- An MSc or preferably a PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience or a related field.
- Expertise in electrophysiological research techniques and a background in pediatric epilepsies is highly desirable.
- A successful candidate will be internally motivated, comfortable working independently, and strive to proactively mitigate risks.
- The desire to be in a rapidly changing start-up environment is also necessary.